Friday, 20 March 2009

Sort-of forgotten, but not exactly

A while ago now, lets say 6 years ago, I saw this picture of the inimitable Diamanda Galas:


When I last looked, the picture wasn't on my hard-drive. I must have seen it online somewhere and always thought it was great. She's so hip and so sinister.

Cross-check it with the photo I used for my profile image... it looks sort-of similar, no? I took that picture of myself a few months ago and always liked it, but couldn't explain why. Now I know why - because I'm kinda pulling the same pose as Galas! I only wish I could look as cool as she does, but at any rate - the image must have been nestling away somewhere in my unconscious but I hadn't made the connection until now.

Weird...

1 comment:

Karen said...

With nails like that, anyone would look sinister!