Monday, 16 February 2009

Pictures with self-contained stories Pt 1

There seems to be a thriving culture of people who collect strange and splendid images and share them online. I decided to start collecting them a little while ago, and this is the first half of the ones I decided to add to my blog.

I love how they frame one another, despite the fact they were all taken in different contexts, for different reasons. Together, there is a strange internal logic to it all. All of these images contain miniature stories and that, for me, is a part of their delight. Each one asks for a moment's contemplation.

Disclaimer: many of these are cherry-picked from my pal, Michael Crowe. So all credit to him!





















More pictures to follow....

1 comment:

Karen said...

Some real gems there